Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 29, 2023

the drifters - up on the roof


Comments:

In the late 62, my bedroom was in the attic of my grandmother's home. There was a window that open like a door which lead to the porch roof. Many nights I sat on the roof listening to the sounds of Chicago and music on WLS radio. This song reminds me of that time. Often it was played while I was on the roof. And, from 1948 thru 1953 we lived in the Trumbel Park housing project in Chicago. The women hung their laundry on lines on the flat roofs of the building while us kids played. There was a brick wall along the edge that was taller than a 3 year old can reach so there was no fear of falling. I wish those simple times for my great grandchildren.


I was deathly ill for over a year in the hospital and out My sister played this song to get me motivated to get up and even shower I was in so much pain. I will FOREVER love this song 🎵 ❤ 

No comments:

Post a Comment