Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

// You Can Keep Your Cell Phone NUMBER FOREVER .... // FYI //

 I love that you can keep your Cell Phone Number FOREVER. Change providers? No problem ! Take it with you. One basically has to die or move to a deserted island without cell phones (wouldn't that be nice) to really relinquish your number. 
Granted, if you can't pay your bill and have to relinquish your phone, I'm sure they take your number. Which is really sad. And we aren't going to focus on the sad. We're going to focus on the fact that someone who used to have my company cell phone number probably moved to a deserted island. Right? Right. 
So I have a personal cell phone and I got a company cell phone when I started with my current position in early 2010. 
At first, I'd get strange texts on said company cell. Baby daddy texts (for real), strange photos of children, the "hey where are you" (or really "hay. whr r u?") texts or calls into the wee hours of the morning. I figured they must have just flipped the phone number really quickly. Bummer. I mean, someone moved to a deserted island and didn't even tell his friends. That sucks. ;)
If the text was inappropriate or referred to me as "boo" in any capacity, the number got blocked. But if it was okay, I'd respond and explain this was no longer who they were looking for. They'd thank me and we'd all move on. 
Until they didn't.
Seriously it has been almost a year and a half. I get calls at like 3 a.m. approximately 2 times per week. I just got a text saying someone is sorry to hear about what happened. Best part? It was from a number I'd text back to say this wasn't the cell phone they wanted... LAST YEAR. It was still in my text stream. GET A CLUE and delete the number, jerks. You're obviously not that sorry to hear what happened... B/c you don't even have the right number! 
So, while my interest was piqued and I sort of wanted to respond to play with them, I thought better of it and just blocked them. Not my fault you can't figure out your friend moved to a desert island. Hell, he probably moved to get away from the morons who can't figure out he changed his number. 
Anyway, this post has nothing important to say, but if you've ever had a secondary phone issued, you likely feel my pain. It's frustrating to be in a work meeting and have my cell blow up. I walk out to take what MUST be an important call on my work cell...and no. It's someone looking for "J." I would love to assume they mean Jay, the shady character from Serial. I mean, maybe they could help me track him down and get some answers. But alas, I have no idea who their "J" is and I don't care. But seriously...if I get ONE MORE CALL....

Also I feel sort of badly for this J guy. Well..obviously he's on an island so that's cool. But his friends sort of suck. 

Annnnnnnd there was 60 seconds of your life you'll never get back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment